lördag 2 januari 2016

Is your studio in a terrible mess?

Yes, it happens!


In fact it happens quite often and when I have too many big heaps of everything everywhere I clean up. I have to!
But I also think that when the space looks good and I know exactly where everything is it will be easier to do what I want.
Of course.

So I think, and practically seen it is also true, but spiritually seen it is not really true.

When everything is cleaned away and the room looks nice... the spirits are also cleaned away!
It means that inspiration is cleaned away and I am as calm and empty as the room. It is perfect for normal well being and for meditation, but not for creativity.

I am no longer interested in my old project and I will have to wake it up again or get myself a new one.


But how to get inspiration back?
The best can be to do nothing for a while, just to have a peaceful down-period and just wait and see what kind of idea that maybe wants to pop up by itself.

I can go to the net and look at inspirational pictures on Pinterest or look at some art film on YouTube.

I can let my mind fly around and just look at inner old memories and ideas.

If any idea just triggers my energy a little it can be good to stop at it and focus on it more, to see if there is something more behind it. If there is a feeling of energy and attraction it might lead to something interesting that I can discover more about.

Then.... if I get into a new project the disorder around me will start growing.
This disorder that is created together with the project will also be a trigger for it, just in the way that the bell was a trigger for Pavlov´s dog.
If I now want to continue with this project I should not clean away too much. Some disorder has to be preserved.
It is as if this disorder is holding the spirit of the project.



There is another thing to it.
If I focus much on putting things in order I will also get that kind of inspiration so now my main interest is to create a perfect order and I start building "painting boxes" of all kinds, where I put down everything in a perfect order.
The spirit of order will take over and drag me into that way of perceiving things. Everything now has to be put in order.

I start making a new box, often of wood, that perfectly matches my latest project (because I still believe that I will continue with it). I put all things in a perfect order in it and I even decorate the box, which has now become my new project. When it is finished I have not yet forgotten what it was for, but I have lost contact with the feeling..
It is in the box, but it is hidden and soon it will also be forgotten. 

When I do not see the mess any more my subconscious mind starts believing that all these things do not exist. At least as they are not visible they cannot be of any importance!
They drift into the past...

A year later I can find some good pencils and colors that are in the most perfect order in a beautifully painted box that is forgotten somewhere behind something.
I even have many forgotten painted boxes!

When I need something I cannot find it because it is hiding among other things in some forgotten box, where everything is in perfect order on the inside.


It sounds as if it would be a good idea to remember to open the right box every morning, but that also does not work. The act of opening it, with the purpose of recreating a certain inspiration, is something that the spirit does not like. It wants to be free!
It is not possible to use any conscious force on it.

That´s why there is such a mess in the studio!
Maybe someone else can recognize that?

















Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar